Normally available in 12 V, with many also in 6 V and/or 24 V versions.
- Single filament, in 55 W and 100 W versions:
- H1 axial filament, older style base
- H2 axial filament
- H3 transverse filament, heat-resistant cable for “hot” lead
- H4 dual-filament headlamp, 55 W to 100 W low beam, high beam varies from 60 W to 130 W
- H5 (similar to H4 but it have larger connector)
- Linear in various sizes and power
- R7S: linear halogen lamp measuring 118mm. Also known as a double ended halogen lamp.
- Dichroic reflector spots
With the help of some companies such as Philips and Sylvania, halogen bulbs have been fitted for use with standardized household fittings, and can be another choice as a replacement for incandescent light bulbs.
- PAR light